Apr 13, 2014

Milkshakes, spray paint and a sunny weekend.....

On Saturday I had the opportunity to meet up with on of my favorite bloggers and do the March of Dimes walk. I'm not gonna lie, I almost chickened-out. But I'm so thankful I didn't. She is the real deal folks, and has such a big heart for others.


If you don't follow Megan's blog you should, she is is pretty stinkin cute and has two adorable kiddos. Skinny Meg 

I also had the opportunity to meet a couple of other sweet ladies too. Such a fun day supporting a great cause. It was so amazing to see all the little babies there who had been helped because of the medical advancements made. 


Kevin being the sweet hubby he is drove me down to White Rock on Saturday morning. We planned on going to Bass Pro in Mequite after but we decided to go for burgers at Hopdoddy's Burger Bar in Park Cites because we were both starving. We decided to split a shake but skip the fries. After all I had just walked 5 miles, but the guy that took our order thought other wise. Next thing I knew we both had shakes. 


They were delicious, but we both felt so sick afterwards. Kevin has eaten so healthy and avoided sugar while doing chemo but every now and then he has to live a little and indulge in carmel goodness. After we were stuffed silly we headed over to Central Market for our weekly shopping trip. You know the rule, never go to the grocery store hungry. Well there should be another one, never go to the store stuffed. Nothing looked good, even the items on our list. But we still ended up with everything we need for the week. 

This is my all time favorite Central Market find. 


We hungout with my parents in my dad's new wood shop Saturday evening. I keep adding new projects to his list. Between my mom and me we've given him a full time job of wood working. 

Sunday we finally got around to sanding and painting this old tin shelf I got last year in Tom Bean. I couldn't decide what to do with it or what color to paint it so we left it rusting away in the garage. I'd been complaining about needing another end table and Kevin mentioned that. I'm so glad he did. One more coat and it will be perfect. 


Kevin goes Thursday for his follow up appointment with the Nurse  practitioner. Then he starts his next round of chemo on April 23rd after Easter. He's ready to get this next one under his belt. He's felt so good since the last treatment, we are so thankful. I see many fishing trips in his near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment