Jun 15, 2014

Road Trippin'

After a crazy, emotional and stressful 8 months Kevin and I were ready for a getaway. And it was amazing. 

We left Denton in the pouring rain and headed north. Being a huge Miranda Lambert fan, Kevin let me swing by Tishmingo and check out her Pink Pistol Store. I loved it and spent way too much but got a couple cute shirts and funzies. 


After our little stop, we then headed east to Broken Bow. We rented a little cabin in Hochatown, which is a couple miles out side of Beavers Bend State Park. 



It was an adorable one bedroom with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in {but really}. 



The cabin had wifi, satellite tv, indoor and outdoor fire place, hot tub and a jacuzzi. 





It was everything we needed and more. If you are thinking about renting a cabin in that area I highly recommend Hidden Hills Cabins in Broken Bow. This is the third time we've stayed in one of their cabins, and they are by far the BEST. {check them out: Hidden Hills Cabins }


But we couldn't just stay at the cabin, we had some trout to catch {maybe I didn't, but Kevin did}. 

Lower Mountain Fork is the river which runs through the park. They stock the trout every three weeks which draws lots of fishermen to the park, especially in the summer. 



The river is beautiful and we've walked most of it over the last three years we've been going but we always find a few new places. 





The water is freezing, in places rapid and very rocky. Kevin got me special wadding shoes last year and I'm always happy I have them, even though they are butt ugly. They keep me for busting my booty. {which is pretty magical} 





Kevin caught a couple trout, it was tough since we were at the end of the stocking schedule but he knew a couple secret spots. 



We ate dinner at our favorite place there, the Grateful Head. Their pizza is some of the best pizza I've ever had. {and yes we cheated on the healthy eating, what's vacation without a little pizza} 



We had homemade fudge from the sweetest little lady. We visit here each time we go. 



{she had red velvet and dark chocolate salted caramel, it was like she was calling me}



We visited the museum, since it's a free state park we always come and donate a few dollars to keep up the park. Kevin always runs into people he's met fishing on the river.  He never meets a stranger. 



We fished some more, took a couple naps, relaxed in the hot tub and before I knew it our trip was over. Kevin's already asking if we can go back for his birthday. I'm thinking that's a great birthday present. 

On the way home we stopped in Paris {Texas that is} and had a late lunch. 



It's hard coming back to reality after such a fun trip. I love taking short trips like this throughout the year instead of one long trip. Having a trip to look forward to always makes me smile. 

And this guy, he makes me smile too. 




I also came home to this adorable card. My sweet friend Jenna is getting married in February and I can't wait to be a bridesmaid. 





She is one of the sweetest, smartest and most beautiful lady I know. Dustin is one lucky guy. 

Happy Sunday {and Fathers Day}. Have a blessed week! 















No comments:

Post a Comment