May 11, 2014

Another happy weekend....

We were blessed with another amazing weekend. The weather was beautiful here on Saturday, so Kevin and I headed to Top Golf where we spent 2 1/2 hours hitting golf balls. It was our first time and we both loved it. Kevin said last night that he we are going back next weekend, so I'd say he had a blast.






We were both starving when we left Top Golf so we headed to lunch and stuffed our bellies full. We then headed to our routine grocery shopping trip at Central Market along with every other human being in Dallas. It was so full of people it was a pain in the butt to shop.



When we got home from Dallas Kevin helped me finish my rustic lamp. I'd seen one like it at the Frisco Mercantile but it was too dang expensive, around $90. So I found a rustic metal ball at Target for under $10 and a lamp shade for around $10. Kevin had all the parts to the lamp, we jut needed the cord. I love it, and it looks so good in my living room.



While he was working on that I cooked dinner. We got fresh shrimp at Central Market and a lot of kale and spinich greens, so I decided to make a yummy salad. I added avocado, red bell pepper, baby bellas, and a tomato. We love Annie's Oil and Balsamic Vinegar dressing, its one of our favorites and low calorie too.
 

We've done really well on our food intake over the past few weeks, minus my birthday shenanigans . I made Kevin and I peaches and cream overnight oats over the weekend that were really good too. I used part rolled oats and part steel cut oats. Kevin really likes the texture better using the mix.



I also fell in love wit Zevia ginger ale. It's amazing. 



And Kevin bought me some pretty pink peonies and white hydrangeas just because. I love them. 



That pretty much sums up our weekend. Kevin's MRI and appointment is on Thursday. Keep praying for him and that he has a clean scan this week. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! My husband loves golf, I don't have the patience.. nor ever make contact with the ball, I mean the swing the club just on luck...ha! I also love the lamp what a great idea, and your flowers are stunning! Also dinner looked relish. ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete