May 4, 2014

Yoga Pants and Netflix

Yoga pants, Netflix and pain pills pretty much sums up my weekend. The surgery I had done on Thursday knocked me down the entire weekend. Kevin started chemo Wednesday night, and he hasn't been sick at all. Prayers answered. The only side effect this round was the anti nausea meds made him a little sleepy. So Kevin was basically my nurse all weekend, and I'm so thankful for that.

We did our best to eat healthy this weekend, even with me down. One of our go to meals that's easy and feels like a cheat is Turkey Mac and Cheese. It's so simple and has three ingredients. I brown the ground turkey in a pan while boiling the noodles in another pan, usually takes about 10 minutes. Kevin's not a fan of broccoli so I chop it up as fine as possible and steam it in the microwave. Once the pasta is cooked I mix in the dry sauce with a little olive oil and add the ground turkey and broccoli. Kevin craves carbs while on chemo so this hits the spot for him. I usually pair this with a salad, right now our favorite salad is baby kale and spinach.

 
My sweet family took care of all our other meals this weekend. We had lots of salads and lean grilled chicken. Eating better doesn't always mean avoiding things you crave. We've made sure that we keep easy meals like this for nights we are both tired and not wanting to cook.
 

 
I've been craving something sweet while on bedrest and this cures my sugar fix. One little square and I'm good. Its 70% cocoa and organic non GMO and super yummy.


 
I keep staring at the sweet addition to my Alex and Ani collection that Kevin gave me on my birthday. It makes my heart happy.
 
Ready for the week ahead and celebrating my birthday next weekend with friends and family. I see Top Golf and a night out in our near future.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment