Jun 8, 2014

Vacation prep

Back in the beginning of April, Kevin asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him a pink FitBit Flex. So he ordered it, and then got an email 30 seconds later that it was on back order for 8 weeks. It finally came in this past week, and I love it. 


My favorite feature is the sleep tracker. I always knew I was a restless sleeper {as did Kevin} but now I can actually track the amount of restless sleep per night. 


It's also become a contest to see how many steps I can get in per day. If you've ever thought about getting one, do it. 

Other than just playing with my Fitbit this weekend, we ran a couple errand prepping for our trip to Beavers Bend this next week. 

There is a Fly Shop in Dallas that just happens to be in Preston Center, so I took advantage of that and we had lunch at R+D. Kevin allowed himself one sugary treat this weekend, so since we were in the area you can only imagine where we ended up. 


Red Velvet on Red Velvet. It was so good, but way too sweet. And then we walked off the sugar in the Texas heat. 

Kevin has been working on sanding his boat trailer down this past week and needed to paint it with Rhino liner this weekend. While he prepped the trailer I ran over to my parents house for a couple hour in the sun. 


My pasty skin got a little color and the water felt so good. 



Sunday we had made plans and Kevin had asked me to help him finish his trailer afterwards, so I didn't get a chance to meet up for a long run at White Rock. 

I've been working on my time this week and my feet have been killing me. I had a pair of Brooks but I hated them, so I always wear my Nike Frees to run. They just weren't cutting it. I thought my toenails were gonna fall off, never a good sign. So, Kevin and I went to RunOn and got me a new pair of Brooks. They felt amazing just jogging around the store, I can't wait to break them in this week. 


I plan on running a couple miles in the morning on our trip while Kevin fishes too. The scenery there can be breath taking in the morning {cheesy, but true}. 

Let's get this short work week started, this girl is ready for vacay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment