Jun 1, 2014

Starting the month off right......

Kevin finished another round of chemo at home this weekend. He did great this round and only had a little bit of nausea. He hates spending the weekend at home, especially when he could be fishing on the lake or playing golf. He reminded me of this on Saturday when the weather was perfect for fishing. So we rented every movie I could think of to keep him occupied. 

He also loves healthy eating with some carbs while he's on chemo. Something about the carbs really sooths his stomach. He really wanted pizza so I made a healthier version. 


I used Ezekiel English muffins, Boar's Head turkey pepperoni, a small portion of cheese and central market organic pasta sauce (by far this has the lowest amount of sugar that we've been able to find and it's so good). 


The pizzas turned out great and were easy to clean up. I hate doing dishes on the {everyday} weekend. Who am I kidding Kevin does the dishes A LOT, he knows how much I hate doing them {and the laundry}. But that's part of marriage, we work together to get it done. 

Since we were going to be home this weekend I wanted to take full advantage and make a new summer wreath. 




I have a love affair with burlap and found hobby lobby was having a sale on Friday. The universe was sending me a message and I took that opportunity and bought more burlap than I needed {to add to my emergency stash}. 

I copied a wreath I found on Pinterest and think it looks perfect with the new front door. 

I also started a new wreath for 4th of July, but it involves pinning {thousands of tiny} scraps of material. So here's hoping I have it completed by July of 2015. 


I also had an appointment with the optometrist this week. Turns out getting older + being on the computer all day = bad vision. If you have to get glasses, you might as well get cute glasses. 

 
One of the reasons I started blogging in 2011 was to talk about our infertility journey. I followed a couple of infertility and weight loss bloggers, and I loved the community. Blogging is therapeutic for me. Even after our IVF was unsuccessful and I stopped blogging, I continued following bloggers that really inspired me. 

Back in March I had the opportunity to meet one of my favorite bloggers, Megan. She is one of the sweetest and most genuine person I've ever met. She asked me if I was interested in meeting up at White Rock in Dallas for a run on Sunday. I've taken a couple months off from working out before and after my surgery but I thought this was the best way to get started. Just do it. 

I run so slow. She is quick, and I had a hard time keeping up. It was a long 8 miles and I won't lie, I walked a lot. But I did it and I didn't die. I plan on running at home to build up my pace. Maybe next time we meet up I can keep up. I'm thankful for fitness bloggers like Megan that inspire people like me. 


Burning a few calories wasn't bad either!


When I got home Kevin was just getting up. We had a late breakfast and spent the afternoon watching more movies and working on my new wreath. Kevin started making flies for our fly fishing trip in two weeks. It can't come soon enough. I'm a sucker for a good glamping trip with my man. 

Happy weekend! 







No comments:

Post a Comment