Jul 29, 2011

Never Ever Give Up!

Today has been one of the most emotional days of our lives. Our beta results came back negative at a one. I had already taken a pregnancy test on Thursday morning and felt pretty confident that it didn't work but I still held out hope. My doctors office said it was fairly common for women to have a negative HPT and a positive blood test. That just wasn't the case for us. Our plan now is to take a couple of months off and start my body off on glucophage which can help with many of the PCOS side effect. Then our next step will be to do a frozen embryo transfer (FET) once my body has adjusted. We have an appointment next Friday to discuss this failed cycle and what the FET process will be like. I am a little nervous about starting glucophage because of the potential side effects but will continue to push through.

Earlier this month we had an answered prayer which will allow us to fund the FET. Kevin and I bought a piece of property up in Sanger back in 2008 where we thought we would build a home some day. Last year we decided that's not where we wanted to live and we decided to put it on the market. Selling the land gave us a small amount back which will hopefully be right around the cost of the FET. God truly does provide for us when we trust and follow him, and we will continue to do just that. I know God will provide a way for us to continue the treatments even if we end up having to do IVF again. I will do whatever it takes and I won't give up just as God hasn't given up on his children.

Kevin and I talked today about our journey to each other and how God had a plan for us before we ever knew it. We know God has plan for us as parents as well and that journey might just take a little longer than we expected or desired. I never realized that I could love Kevin more with every passing day but I do. This journey has made us even closer and I am so thankful for my true love.

The emails, calls, flowers and prayers today have helped more than you will ever know. We truly have the greatest friends and family anyone could ever ask for. Our parents have been a great strength to us as well and we appreciate their love and support. I have a dear friend who has been in my exact shoes today and her words meant more than she will ever know. I know God put her specifically in my life for this exact day and I am so thankful for her friendship and encouragement.

We know God has a specific plan for us and we will continue to follow his guidance for our lives. We will live on faith and ask God to direct us as we move ahead. We ask for your love and prayers as we continue on this journey. I know we will have many ups and downs along the way but with our faith and love we will be able to make the way!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

No comments:

Post a Comment