May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We are a big fan of long weekends and we took full advantage of it. 

Saturday we had a cheat day before Kevin starts chemo. He picked Papaduexs, his favorite. The weather was beautiful so we sat outside. 



I had some birthday money and gift cards burning a whole in my pocket, so after lunch we headed to Northpark. I scored a pink Kendra Scott Necklace that I'd had my eye on for weeks. 



We found a lot of good sales and after shopping we had an afternoon treat. 


When we got back from shopping in Dallas we had a couple of other errands to run in little D. I'd been wanting to replace our front door for a while but didn't want to pay the price of a new door. We found a great door at Habitat for Humanity's Restore. It just needed a little TLC. 


After sanding off all the old paint (which was a pain) we painted it a mocha brown to go with the brick. I wish I would have taken a better before picture. Kevin had one of his boat (go figure) with the door in the back that I was able to crop. 



Sunday night we decided to try a new burger place on the square for dinner. Their turkey burgers were yummy and the view was pretty too. I love our little hometown square in Denton. 




I'm so excited about my father in laws garden this year. He took some of our organic spaghetti squash seeds, dried them out and planted them in his garden. They are getting close to being ready. We love spaghetti squash and this will save us $10 a pop. 



Today we've just been lazy. We hit up a few more sales, watched movies, did laundry and meal prepped for the week. I love a lazy rainy overcast day. 

Overall a happy and healthy Memorial Day weekend. Thankful for all those who fought for our freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment