Apr 6, 2014

Weekend projects with my favorite electrician.....

A couple of weeks ago I saw a lamp in a restaurant that I LOVED. I pointed it out to Kevin and told him how I'd love to have one like it but I knew it was expensive. He looked at my like I was nuts and he went on to explain he could make it easy and cheap. You don't have to tell me twice. 


I found the perfect mason jar and burlap lamp shade for the first lamp. For the second lamp I found a rusty lantern from Hobby Lobby. And even better it was all half price. 

I let Kevin grab the electrical material at Home Depot. I'm not even going to pretend to know all the parts he got, but it was very affordable. 


Kevin started on the burlap lamp and it took him about 15 mins. 


It was just what I wanted and fits perfectly next to our bed. 


The lantern lamp took a little longer, but a total of 45 mins from start to finish including installation. 


I wanted an old time bulb, in both lamps but since you can only see it in the lantern lamp I picked up just one. That's was really the only pricey item that wasn't on sale. 

I found a couple of other cute lamp ideas on Pinterest that Kevin said he would help me with. His honey do list is starting to grow. 

We have one more project we're working on this rainy weekend. It includes a pallet, stain and mason jars. If I don't screw it up I'll share a picture later this week. Kevin's kind of taken over that project so I'm not sure I will have the opportunity to screw it up. 



Kevin's had a great week and has felt so good. It took him a day to get over the chemo but since then he's been going strong. Just like he felt back in November which makes my heart to happy. We truly have been blessed through his surgery, radiation, chemo and healing. Thank you again for all your prayers. 

We've been talking about planning a getaway this summer before or after a round of chemo. We might do Beavers Bend since it's one of our favorite spots but are open to suggestions. 

Happy Sunday! 





2 comments:

  1. Both of these lamps are insanely cute! So talented and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo love projects that include pallets. Can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete