Apr 27, 2014

Weekend recap......

The goal of this weekend was to rest and eat healthy.

Saturday morning we had an appointment with a local naturalist who someone else we know with a very similar cancer had gone to. She was great, and gave us some additional book recommendations for healthy eating. She was impressed with the steps Kevin had already taken as far as health. She also recommended a couple vitamins and essential oils. 

I've been interested in the oils for a while but wondered if they really helped. We set up our diffuser when we got home and have used it basically all weekend. The frankenscince was recommended for brain cancer so we got that along with a couple others in the starter kit. We used the lavender around bedtime and it was amazing. We both slept like babies. 


Kevin will start with reflexology once he completes this next round of chemo. I'm excited that he was so into all the natural things he can be doing along with the chemo. 

We also had a little birthday party since my parents will be gone this week. We plan on really celebrating in a couple of weeks. But I loved the early birthday gifts from my mom and dad. I'd been eyeing these bracelets for a while. 


Sunday afternoon was my sororities alumni tea at the sorority house. During this they do a senior ceremony for all graduating seniors who will be going alum. It's hard to believe 10 years ago I went alum. That's right, 10 years ago. Alpha Phi was one of the best decisions I ever made. I met some of my life long friend because of it. It's always good to see my sisters, especially my bestie. 


Pray for Kevin this week. He has blood work done tomorrow and will find out Tuesday if he can start chemo this week. We are praying that his count will be exactly were it needs to be. 

We're thankful for another blessed week, bring on Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment